Choosing a Domain Name (Website Address)
Here are some points to consider when choosing a domain name for a South African business:
- You can have more than one domain name for the same website.
- Try to avoid using a '-' (hyphen) in your domain name.
- Try to avoid using numbers, or words that sound like numbers - customers may be uncertain on how it should be typed. For example '4', 'for' and 'four'.
- Keep your domain name as short as possible, but be descriptive.
- If you are mainly targeting a South African audience, a .co.za domain may be best as South Africans are generally familiar with it and it shows that you are South African.
- If you are targeting mainly an international audience, a .com or other extension may be better as internet users overseas are generally not that familiar with the .co.za domain extension.
- A domain name with keywords relating to your products and services can be used when promoting your website online.
- A catchy domain name that is easy to remember and write down can be effective for traditional offline marketing.
For recommendations on what your website address should be please contact us.
For more on domain names please click here.