Your domain name is one of your business's most important assets. Even if you don't plan on having your website designed right away, you should reserve your domain name as soon as possible so that no one else can register it.
Choosing Your Domain Name(s):
Here are some points to consider when choosing a domain name for a South African business:
- You can have more than one domain name for the same website.
- Try to avoid using a '-' (hyphen) in your domain name.
- Try to avoid using numbers, or words that sound like numbers - customers may be uncertain on how it should be typed. For example '4', 'for' and 'four'. If you need to use numbers in your domain name consider registering both alternatives.
- Keep your domain name as short as possible, but be descriptive.
- If you are mainly targeting a South African audience, a .co.za domain may be best as South Africans are generally familiar with it and it shows that you are South African.
- If you are targeting mainly an international audience, a .com or other extension may be better as internet users overseas are generally not that familiar with the .co.za domain extension.
- A domain name with keywords relating to your products and services can be used when promoting your website online.
- A catchy domain name that is easy to remember and write down can be effective for traditional offline marketing.
For recommendations on what your website address should be please contact us.
Domain Name Options
|Domain||Recommended For:||Annual Fee|
|.co.za||A South African based business targeting mainly a South African audience.||R 99.00|
|.com||Any business can register a .com. If you are targeting an international audience this is recommended.||R 200.00|
|.net||Ideally a web-based product or service. Sometimes businesses register a .net domain when the .com equivalent is not available. You should, however, try obtain a domain that can not be mistaken for another existing website.||R 200.00|
|.capetown||Your business is located in Cape Town or you cater to Capetonians.
|.joburg||Your business is located in Johannesburg or you cater to Jo'burgers.||R 299.00|
|.durban||Your business is located in Durban or you cater to Durbanites.||R 299.00|
|.info||A website mainly used for providing in-depth information on a topic. Many information portals and directories use a .info domain.||R 200.00|
|.co.uk||Your business has a physical presence in the United Kingdom.||R 300.00
|.biz||A business-to-business (B2B) product or service.||R 200.00|
|.mobi||A website produced specifically to be viewed on cell phones and mobile devices.||R 300.00|
Prices shown include VAT at 14% for South African customers.
Other domain extensions such as .london, .de and more can be registered on request.